The state of California’s main water sources have been severely impacted by record dry weather conditions. Here are some tips for conserving water and therefore reducing your bill amount:
- Monitor your water bill for unusually high use. Your bill statement and water meter are tools that can help you discover leaks.
- Water your lawn and garden in the morning or evening when temperatures are cooler, in order to minimize evaporation.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your driveway and sidewalk areas and save valuable water resources.
- Shorten your average shower time by a just minute or two and you’ll save up to 150 gallons per month. Upgrade older toilets with newer, more water efficient models.
- Turn off the water flow while brushing your teeth and save up to 25 gallons of water per month.
- Washing dark clothes in cold water saves both water and energy, while also helping preserve your clothing’s colors.
- Turn off the water flow while washing your hair and save up to 150 gallons of water per month.